Sunday, January 21, 2007

Cal Arts 2007 Spring

The school started at Jan. 16th. I was busy preparing classes and adjusting to new teachers and classmates. I am taking the minimum to have more working time of my film.

I think I have a little less than 3 months to finish film. The rigging for characters was not done yet but I think I could handle it with a basic rig. I can alway update the rig and animations as I progress the film. I need to focus on finishing a film not making it perfect. I sometimes get overwhelmed by the amount of work that I have to do. Lighting and shading is a big challenge because I have the least experience with it.

I decided to chop off the least important scenes to reduce the length of the film. I, myself lose interest very fast if the film is too long without having any explosions or shocking sc....haha Since this is a complicated story, I assume that it is going to be hard to make audience to understand instantly what happens in the film. To prevernt this, I made the design of background more simple, interesting during the pre-production.
My goal is to make good animations to deliver the story clearly for next 2 months.

I tend to get too worried and serious when it comes to work. I might start learning to smoke pot or somthing..lol

No comments: